As we are in lockdown and unable to run classes we’ve put together a few works outs.
The first is a bars strength and flexibility work out. You’ll need a chin up bar at home, a climbing frame or just anything you can safely hang from (please follow all COVID and social distancing guidelines)
Our squad gamely volunteered to show the exercises and coach Chloe as kindly edited it together for us. So here’s how it works.
- Watch the video to make sure you know the exercises.
2. Try each exercise and see how many you can do in a row without stopping- make a note for each exercise (you’ll need a pen and paper)
3. Take each total divide it by 3 and times it by 2. Round down to the nearest whole number e.g. If your max number of chin ups was 10 you’d do 10/3 x 2= 6. This gives your exercise number.
4. You can make a fitness programme by taking each exercise and trying to do 3 sets of your exercise number with a short break between each. e.g. 6 chin ups rest 6 chin ups rest 6 chin ups.
5. If you can do the programme a few times a week you can then re-test at the end of the month and see if you can do more in your maximum effort (stage 2). Let us know how you get on.
Plus you can work on your maths!